Yeah, I actually thought up a name for this now. It felt quite fitting. Anyways, we had a session last sunday, so here’s what went down, in short…
Three players were there, so that’s okay. They were still in the catacombs, so they kept going with that.
- Assassin-bro in the dungeon says he’ll go looking for a key.
- They proceed to the third level of the dungeon.
- They ignore most of the things close to the stairs and go onwards.
- They break into a knight’s tomb, and look at pictures of the scepter.
- Cursed x9 sailor-man steals most of the knight’s armor.
- Someone locks the door behind them.
- They pass two doors, marked by brutal battle.
- They find some stairs down, and a long tunnel.
- At the end of the tunnel, there’s a dwarf digging onwards.
- They ask him to dig a path back to the stairs up.
- He starts digging as directed.
- The wrong room is discovered. One character goes on ahead.
- Critical failure of perception check -> surprise – > ganked.
- He is hit by 6 knife attacks totalling 3x his HP in damage.
- Instant death. Everyone else retreats.
- Suddenly, there’s a battle in the corridor.
- Gravedigger borrows a magical sword from the wall.
- While the contents of the room are away, they sneak in and dig onwards.
- The dwarf almost gets through before things come back.
- The things (speaking zombies) gets murdered and they run away.
- Now they chill outside the locked grave from before.
- Assassin comes back and unlocks.
- Cursed x9 dude tomb-robs some more and becomes cursed x17.
- They find a ~map… of the fourth level? Is the scepter here?
- They walk around on level 4 with the assassin.
- There’s a wall of fire. Let the low HP people jump through it.
- Two people almost die, but they find a portal.
The party takes a 40 day rest to heal up. (Yes it takes time). Then…
They talk some more with assassin-man, who had a run in with other assassin. He survived. They make plans to dungeon some more.
- There’s new people on level 3, but things are still okay (?)
- Return to level 4. They find a strange winding tunnel.
- It seems it loops into itself. Someone has written “turn around”.
- Space-time f**kery commences.
- They walk backwards through it. That worked.
- A reflective wall is discovered, and bypassed.
- A room where gravity is a mess.
- Eventually the speak with a wizard in the roof.
- He tells them the scepter is in Helmhold… a city 3 weeks away.
- They refuse (?) a deal and walk away.
- There’s a room at the end of the corridor. SmashDoor.exe
- Crazy jailer gets murdered in his face.
- There’s three kidnapped children, whom are put in the loot pile (?)
- There’s a spiky bit with a blood drain.
- They go home and rest.
I think that was it? Only one dead, and a few people at very little HP.